Accept of cookies from uses cookies for various purposes – for example to improve user experience of the site

Here you can read about –

- How private compensation claims are managed
- The rules for compensation for personal injury

Insurance companies and injured persons can contact the division for private compensation claims of the National Board of Industrial Injuries (“the P-Division”) to get an impartial statement on the health effects and occupational consequences of a private personal injury.

By way of example, private personal injuries are injuries sustained in road accidents or in a person’s leisure time.

Statements made by the P-Division are guiding. If the parties do not agree with the statement made by the National Board of Industrial Injuries, the case may be decided by a court of law.

The statement may include an assessment of –

- The degree of permanent injury – the direct health effects of the injury
- The loss of earning capacity – the permanent loss of earnings caused by the injury
- Maximum medical improvement – the time when there is no longer any substantial and permanent improvement of the health complaints (only applies to injuries sustained before 1st July 2002)

In 2008, the fee for managing a private claim was
- DKK 7,000 for a statement including loss of earning capacity
- DKK 3,800 for a statement not including loss of earning capacity

This page was last modified on 22. januar 2008